Sunday, September 8, 2013

Trip to Lake Trasimeno

We decided to go back to the lake we were near yesterday! I invited my  whole program on our facebook group. We had a group of about 15 take this small trip with us! Its was the first time most of us had used the train so that too a little bit of time to get used to. We grabbed the train in Perugia and got off in this little lakeside town called Passagnano Sul Trasimeno. From there we had no idea how to get down to the water and find a beach. So we walked! We eventually found a small beach and settled in. It was a hot day so we were all eager to get into the water. The floor of the lake was a slimy dark clay that was riddled with seaweed and other pokey things. I had to help two girls into the water but eventually everyone got in and cooled off ( the water temperature was amazing). We spent most of the day laying on the sand and enjoying the scenery.

I realized a few things today while walking to find a beach. I am surprisingly comfortable here. We walked past a backyard and the smell of the trees reminded me of my grandparents backyard. We walked past a few restaurants and there were so many smells that reminded me of my family. I even saw people that looked a lot like they could be my relatives. A lot of the hills are even reminiscent of California. All of these things are so comforting. I can see how things may be different for the other students in my program but for me, this place feels like a second home.

There was an older woman at the beach today who looked like she could have given this guy a run for his money in an "I'm tanner than you competition."

No comments:

Post a Comment